Monday, June 29, 2009

When In Rome...

....Do as the Egyptians do.

Or something like that. We went out for a hooka date in Tempe last night to a place called King Tuts. It was the best atmosphere of any hooka restaurant I've been in. There were raised areas full of pillows and really great comfy chairs. We chose a couch in the corner and just snuggled up next to each other. (insert sigh)
The best thing about this place was that it served food. I ordered the falafel platter. Yes, I said FALAFEL! I haven't had that since my trip to Israel, so it was the best treat ever.
Eric opted for a red bull over my turkish coffee (although he was a brave soul for trying it).
It was one of those perfect moments when everything else in the world doesn't matter. I don't think the two of us ever have a date that I don't love, but this one in particular was the best. We just relaxed and talked. Maybe that's why it was better than the drive-in. We got to ask each other questions and become closer friends.
He is in fact my best friend.




Turkish Coffee: "is coffee prepared by boiling finely powdered roast coffee beans in a pot (cezve), possibly with sugar, and serving it into a cup, where the dregs settle. It is common throughout the Middle East, North Africa, Caucasus, and the Balkans, and in their expatriate communities and restaurants in the rest of the world.
"

No comments: