Friday, June 6, 2008

The Start

Well, I've not only made the big plunge in opening my Etsy shop, but I've also applied for a tax id number. If you don't know, it is telling the government, "Yes, I have a business. Yes, I'll pay the due taxes on it."
To me it means a bit more, something along the lines of "Yes, I'll spend countless hours I don't have filing papers." Dang it. Of course there are perks like I won't have to pay taxes for my supplies and I can buy wholesale...I just hate paperwork.

I also made a trip to the bank to open up a seperate account. That's where I met Brad who handled my account. He was a swell guy and made the process enjoyable. Yesterday I even recieved a little note congradulating me on my new business.

3 comments:

Lydia Ferraro Browning said...

I love you.

betty said...

well here's another note to congratulate you on your new business. seriously courtney--way to rock! every time i look at your jewelry i'm amazed by your talent and creativity. way to use the gifts God has given you.
betsy xxx

Courtney Lynn said...

Thanks guys!
I actually didn't even realize anyone was reading this! Maybe I should actually keep on top of it!