Friday, September 11, 2009

COLORADO or BUST


On the way there, we made an 8 hour side trip to the Grand Canyon.  Not just any location though, but the hardly-ever-visited NORTH RIM. We were at one point the only people standing there. It was absolutely w o r t h it.




                                                             He makes my heart 
                                                                                       skip....






CaMPInG!
(We drank soda out of our wine glasses because we forgot to buy wine. :)

I brought my french press and made makeshift espresso. Can survive without coffee!
midEGGdle
(aka egg in the middle)
We were told we just HAD TO take a picture with this bear. 
A yearly childhood tradition of Eric's.













       On the boat filled with a bunch of men bonding with their rods.  No fish caught.




This is Eric's Uncle Lynn. He played for the Colts and won the Superbowl. I think that's pretty cool.




    HORSEBACK RIDING:



Went out on the lake, just Eric and I.
I actually caught The Largest Fish, but Eric didn't believe me that I had a fish on my line, saying, "It's just moss", so he didn't have the net ready in time and it broke off. Boo0oooooo.




In honor of our Shining Barrier and a promise to share all things, no matter how uninteresting to the other person, I joined Eric in golfing.  Since these were true amateurs playing, I didn't actually hit a ball, but I did have fun driving Eric 'round on the cart!





MORE TO COME...

No comments: